Swap Back and Shift+Back functions when in file browser

I would really appreciate it if the Shift function was swapped around when in the file browser, so pressing back would take you up/back a folder, and Shift+Back took you back out of the menu. Since I only leave the menu once, but go through many folders at a time, generally speaking.

It would also be nice to be able to navigate from menu to menu with the dedicated menu buttons regardless of which menu/page you’re in. I find this very inconsistent, sometimes you can navigate from one to another, and sometimes you have to back out of the menu/page you’re in before you can enter another.

Cheers

6 Likes

+1,000 – I was thinking about this a while ago but didn’t post on it, but I’m really glad that you did. The enter key already goes forward once in the folder hierarchy, would love it if the back button took you back once as well. I wouldn’t mind tapping back multiple times to get back to where I need to go or using SHIFT+back to go all the way out. :upside_down_face:

+1

+1! That’s how I would expect it to work as well.

Yeah this was one was in my mind too. Browsing makes sense having that back button … Like Android.