Pre sales questions

Hi. I submitted some questions via email and was told to post here.

Context is possible integration of the S2400 with Eurorack sequencers, as well as DAW using Silent Ways SW SYNC (using audio clock out from MOTU outputs).

How will CLOCK and RESET work for the S2400 3.5mm jacks?

I note there is only one 3.5mm clock input (the other is output) so how will CLOCK and REST (both) work with a single input? It would be more standard to have 2x inputs.

Will you simply restart the sequencer every time a CLOCK is received? Or reset it when the CLOCK ceases? What if I want to send reset signals at a specific interval from my main sequencer?

Additionally what is the time line for MIDI CLOCK receive?

The S2400 is very appealing but I need to know how the above will work to see if it can integrate to my setup or not.

MIDI clock input is done in beta and will be in the next release. And it is the topic of the next tutorial video.

3 Likes

Thanks for that.

What about the CLOCK and RESET questions?

If the clock source is the 3.5mm clock in jack, the pattern will reset to the beginning after n expected clock ticks are not received.

Alternately, the clock in function can be set to reset, so the S2400 runs at its own tempo (or MIDI tempo), but the pattern will reset to the beginning when a pulse is received on the clock in jack.

1 Like

Thank you Mickey for that answer. That makes sense.

Is the CLOCK input function already in place, or will it be in place with the new firmware that includes midi clock input?

I am pretty keen I think! It looks like a tonne of fun and would run well with my hybrid Eurorack and other fixed architecture synth setup.

I appreciate your answers.

It is done and tested in beta. It will be in the next release, and demoed in the next video lesson.

2 Likes

Iā€™m coming back to this. I picked up as S2400 secondhand and tested the clocking thoroughly, and it is extremely solid using RC 24 from a stable external source. This is a much bigger achievement than it sounds because not everyone gets it right. I made a new thread about this and posted a video of my results.

1 Like