Pad Volume Bug?

Not sure if this was covered:

There appears to be a glitch where the Pad volume is reduced even when the volume is set to the highest level. I was loading sounds to create Drum kits and they were all loud and punchy at first then a few pads had reduced volume. I had checked the levels and they were still at the highest volume setting, anyone else experience this?? I really hope it is a software issue and not a hardware one.

Level fader mode is for setting the level that gets recorded into the pattern.
Mix mode (no fader mode key illuminated) is for setting the playback volume.
Check your faders in mix mode.

1 Like

The issue occurs without touching faders at all. I made a drum kit then loaded it in and was just tapping out a beat and all of a sudden the level of the kick dropped dramatically. I checked the fader level and it was maxed so I reloaded the kit and the volume was fixed, before I reloaded it though I tried the fader just to see and it got slightly louder but not where it was when I first loaded the kit. I have had similar issues in my old MV8800 where the parameters on faders just jump around a bit but the software says they are maxed so I am wondering if it jarred something internally from the shock of pounding on the kick pad where even though the fader didn’t move maybe the vibration causes a fluctuation in volume similar to what has happened on my MV8800 in the past.

To prevent this you can use fader lock.
I use fader lock at startup. There is an option as a global setting.

You unlock it when you want to use faders and when the task is done you relock them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

AHHHHHH Ok. That makes sense.Thanks Bro!

2 Likes

Yes. Also, you can hold shift when moving a fader to temporarily override the lock.

2 Likes

Thanks! I just watched every instructional video Alex made and finding out how deep this unit really is. It’s most definitely the modern successor to the SP1200. I told my Wife who was with me in the studio last night that the S2400 is like a Classic Shelby Mustang body with the Engine and Drivetrain of a Brand new one LOL. I’ll have this thing Mastered by next week so if you wanna add me to the Beta tester team I’m ready!

1 Like

Oh man NOTHING like a good resto-mod! Got to drive a '69 GT 500 but with the Super Snake engine + modern drivetrain, suspension, etc - even Apple Car Play (as if anyone is listening to anything other than the sound of that engine). Boy oh boy what a machine, and that’s a great analogy for the S2400!

1 Like

I am very proud of the job that Brad, Mickey and the entire ISLA team has done in creating this unit. I had an SP1200 for 5 years and I am confident to say that this is much better. I bought mine in 1998 at a pawn shop in Charlotte NC for $300 and sold it for $3500 to a guy in Australia in late 2003. The reason I sold it was because of its limitations at the time and I was only using it to dirty up samples and create drum programs so I took my favorite drums at the time and created WAV files and MPC kits for my 4000. I still have all of my kits created which are extensive considering the 4000 was able to load 8 banks of 16 sounds. I made about 8-10 libraries with almost every bank of the 4000 filled. I am gonna break these down into 16 pad kits for MPC and S2400 to create kits and Expansions for Akai and ISLA soon.

3 Likes