Machine hang when synchronized as a midi slave

Hello,

I felt on a situation where the s2400 seems to be stuck (eg: totally unresponsive when clik any buttons and/or pads).
I was in the process of printing some tracks to my DAW so the S2400 was connected with a midi cable and got its clock source set on DIN.
it happened multiple times:

• twice time when pressing B to override filter (unfortunately I’ve tried to reproduce a third time without success)
  • another time when letting it idl, I was concentrate on the DAW side and when going back on s2400 it was “stuck”
  • another time while playing keys in my DAW the s2400 sound has suddenly stopped and I noticed the machine was freezed again.

Did you make sure there was no midi loop involved? Was your DAW sending any midi data besides a possible midiclock? Midi loops can crash any machine quite easily.

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer @syah71,
The s2400 is connected with a MIDI cable in its MIDI in port and in usb too but I thought I wasn’t using it in USB.
I’ve just double checked and effectively there were “clock out” option checked for usb port so It is strongly possible that a loop occured from there.
I was about to go to sleep and now the music play again for an hour and it hasn’t crashed yet: it seems you were right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Despite the previous answer has improved a lot the situation. I however encountered two times again today the problem. Although I even disabled the USB midi device in my DAW.
So it seems there’s something else anyway.