Live Looper cutting off last bar in new firmware [FIXED]

Thanks to everyone who added info to this bug report. The key was that it only happened with external clock.
This is fixed in dev and will be in the upcoming bug-fix release.

5 Likes

I’ll make a new bugreport when I can reproduce the problem I had. My last loop was cut short and the s24 was sync master.

2 Likes

midi clock and and loopers……I only heard of one that could handle external midi clock, all the rest AFAIK are only stable being the boss of clock. And it makes sense that it is that way to my mind because clock jitter and midi trigger events is one thing but clock jitter and audio clock/sample accuracy is I imagine a complete other thing.

If the Isla team can sort out stable looping whilst clocking from external midi clock hats off to you all!!!

BTW many thanks to Vlad and yourself for the extra looping functions introduced in the last firmware they really do expand out the use cases for the S2400.

1 Like

This is still happening for me. I also use the hapax and the looper doesn’t record the last section of the loop. It’s not the last bar. Maybe the last division?
Newest firmware 1.14
Maybe the buffer neds to be bigger as the loops in latched mode start at any point in the loop and have to loop right back around to record over the start of the loop. Requiring the looping buffer to be bigger than 1 loop if it counts the loops from 1.1.1 to keep it in time. Possibly up to 1.5 times the loop length?

The latest firmware is 4.28 - are you sure you’re up to date?

This is happening for me and is totally annoying as I like to use an external clock and start the sync with a cordless Mac keyboard. Using Logic Pro as my clock source. Losing the last bit of any loop when recording using external clock source. If I force start using shift it doesn’t lose the end of the loop. Is this gonna be fixed on the next update ? I’m using the most recent.

Whoops yeah im up to date I had just updated my Hapax to that firmware and had a dyslexic moment. Isla up to date. Silence seems shorter than before but still noticeable. Maybe it’s something to do with divisions?

This is still happening on the newest firmware. I think it has something to do with when you change bpm on the Hapax the live looper doesn’t recognise the midi clock change like the sequencer does. It still plays in time but It doesn’t automatically reconfigure the loop lengths. The option is greyed out to reconfigure though, because as far as the looper is concerned the bpm and therefor loop length doesn’t need to change.

I’m not sure this is a bug. Its just the way the looper interacts with midi clock from an external sequencer. It calculates its own bpm and loop length. Regardless of midi bpm, yet it still uses it for timing, start/stop etc.

Possible solution?

Just headed over the see how (2) 2400’s would play together if synced. Assume I’d experience the same of 1 s2400 was synced.

Hi guys, I don’t know if this is related as I don’t use any other device to provide / receive Sync. Anyway, similar issue here: 4/8 bars audio loops are cut off at the end. Is there a work around or something like that?

1 Like

Hello,
I just discovered this bug. Oct 23 firmware. Did i miss the fix?