Keep it simple, please

I’ve had mine for weeks you cornball. Go have a seat!

Brad has already addressed that this is a possibility and feature he wants, it was one of the reasons he chose a powerful processor.

i agree with the op!

Going from 8 to 16 voices ain’t going to be cheap. Dave Smith will tell ya :slight_smile:

Which also require physical components to add polyphony, this won’t. This is more like the tempest which sadly didn’t have enough processing power left to implement other features, while the s2400 does.

1 Like

Dude is just a fu@king know it all. :joy:

If thats the case then why not. But im just complementing the threads title. Just for the sanity of most who like life simple. Brad will do what he’s gotta do no doubt.

Genius comment

1 Like

I think if the primary features remain surface level and there is a type of ‘opting out’ from what might be considered deeper features (that may exist in a combination of button presses or some deeper menu options) I think the S2400 will remain pretty golden and straightforward. Brad chose the SMT32 Flagship H7 chip for this very purpose… so that it could tick all the boxes of the sampler he wanted with room to grow. The audio over USB takes a significant amount of processing power however and once that is sorted then they can figure out what is still possible.

5 Likes

Thanks for the informative reply. I think the choice of opting out is an excellent idea. Just the sake of streamlining the menus.and workflow. Im onboard with this idea. If it expands the interest then why not . Cheers.

Just make audio over USB only active during song mode. The processing power could be used elsewhere when not sucked up tracking stuff out.

1 Like