Copy Pattern Workflow Improvement

This is really a small thing, but somehow annoying:

When you press “copy” and then copy a pattern to another pattern, after executing, you are still stuck at the original pattern. I think if you make a copy from a pattern, you automaticly want to work on the “new” pattern, not on the original. So it would be a simple workflow improvment, that if you copy a pattern, you’re autimaticly jump to the “new” one.

6 Likes

Or a checkbox either inside the copy screen or a pop-up prompt after copying for “go to copied/new pattern”. there are many times, probably about 50% of the time, where I copy a pattern to retain it’s current state in a new pattern, but continue working on the original. could be a nice choice though because the other 50% i copy a pattern a few different times with variation and will then need to scroll a few patterns to get to the latest copy. certainly not close to all of the time wanting to work on the new one though, so I wouldn’t want that to be the default.

A checkbox in the copy screen would be a nice way to do it! And have it remain in the state it’s in everytime you open copy menu so people who want it on most of the times can just uncheck it for the times when they want to stay in the same pattern after copy, and the other way around :slight_smile:

3 Likes

that’s a good idea. :+1:

1 Like

In the latest update, the copy confirmation dialog box gives you the option of going to the From or To pattern. And it remembers your selection for the next copy.

6 Likes

thank you mickey, it’s a gladly taken workflow enhancement. you’re doing an awesome job with these implementations. :v:

1 Like