Connecting speakers

Hi, I’m completely new to this. Hope this isn’t a dumb questions. How do I connect speakers to my s2400? The output jacks are stereo but my speakers are stereo jacks. If you can point me in the right direction please. Thanks.

Hi, what’s the brand and model name of your speakers? active speakers (meaning speakers have an internal amplifier)? Pictures of the input section?
Do you have a soundcard or a mixer?
I wouldn’t recommend to plug directly the s2400 outs to the speakers inputs because it’s not flexible at all but if you have nothing else no choice I presume.

Thanks for responding. I’m just trying to find out what I need to get. What should the mix out go to? An amp, audio interface?

what does the mix out normally go to?

send a foto of your speakers or at least the connection points then I can give advise.
Stereo out can go to different inputs depends on your needs, gear and what you want to do with it. This could be for example an input of a speaker but also a mixing consul or an audiointerface.

when you are completely new to audio and homestudio check out some webpages or YouTube tutorials. this will answer your questions. There are different possibilities like working with or without a computer, it really depends on what you want.

I want to run the mix out to a stereo amplifier. It seems like I just need a mono to stereo adapter to do that.

Stereo Amplifier, like HiFi? Then it’s probably RCA inputs at the amp, means your nee Jack to RCA cables. But better share a photo of your amp to be sure.

yeah a stereo amp with rca inputs. But the output from the s2400 is mono. So I just need a mono to rca adapter to connect right?

The mixout of the Isla is stereo. (L & R)
Order this cable in the length you need and you will be fine:

thank you for all your help. I really appreciate. Lots to learn to get started with this.

1 Like

no problem. Still check out the basics of a homestudio. Because atm you will just be able to hear the S2400 but as @tnkz76 it’s not flexible at all.

What do you recommend for a beginner set up?

It depends on what you want to do. There are too many possibilities to give you a simple answer. Check out DAW setups for beginners and DAWless setups for beginners.
But it’s also good to learn one machine first. With the Isla you have a very powerful device at your hands. You can do a lot already.