1 or more LFO and a matrix please

@j.m it’s all good. Nice to be able to have a calm exchange of opinions w/o it flaring up into a huge battle.

I’m in the next batch, so hoping the boat lands on/before June 1.

1 Like

dude this place is a nice getaway from all that

here we seem to be sharing words without the awfulness we encounter elsewhere , so far, at least and i think if we all try , then long may it continue

i hope mine is here soon, been a year nearly now… i just keep looking at the benefit of picking up the machine after much FW dev… :slight_smile:

1 Like

OT and this will be great mates is my guess, that is my hope at least cuz my OT are my hands basically - i believe they will mesh perfectly, both have limitations and the user finds his own way around them

1 Like

I hope so. I think the differences can be made up with a lot of love :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes - both are 8 trk monsters and both are hands on machines meant for fun :slight_smile:

1 Like
  • 1 from me as well.

I absolutely respect and love the simplicity of the s2400 UI philosophy but would be delighted if 1-2 LFOs get added even if it’s simple shapes / routing. I could absolutely live with them on a sub menu if keeps the main functions prioritized.

Definitely a WANT not a NEED but it would be a powerful featured that unlocks certain sound design choices.

4 Likes

+1 for 1 or optimally 2 LFO with as much functionality as possible (random please).

3 Likes

LFOs would be great but I think multistage envelopes (no need for sustain phases, but maybe Attack, Decay
and Hold stages that can be added/subtracted) that can auto - cycle might be more interesting and flexible . So you can get AD, AHD or crazy modulation contours (ie, AHDHAD) , but if you want, but can act as an LFO if you turn on autocycle.

Especially powerful with a mod matrix!

3 Likes

I’m bumping this one as I actually have the S2400 now and I’ve been simulating simple LFO in playback override - basically wobbling a long fat kick. It sounds awesome. Please can we have an LFO! :slight_smile:

Could be implemented something like this, and easy to ignore if you don’t want it:

Track Settings /

LFO Modulation [tick on/off]
LFO Waveform [sine / square / tri / ramp up / ramp down]
LFO Destination [pitch / volume / pan / sample start]
LFO Amount [0-100]
LFO Delay [0-100] (this adjusts the time to the LFO starting)

3 Likes

Was going to add this request until I found this one. I think that it is absolutely ridiculous that in 2021 samplers have been reduced to 1-shot players when we had advanced synthesis capabilities running on hardware from the 1980s. Obviously, this is meant to be a recreation of a one-shot groovebox but given that Isla is already expanding its envelopes, filtering capabilities and even adding timestretching, I see no reason why a track couldn’t be used to make monophonic basslines or why a kit couldn’t be used to make a polyphonic synth. MPCs could do this since the MPC2000.

LFOs allow for very complex sounds especially with a mod matrix that allows ADSR To be mapped to LFOs. If crossfade looping is ever implemented, I would have no need for my rack sampler

LFOs with random for sample start or envelpe decays would be divine. It would add a ton of ‘organicness’ to an already super organic sounding sampler.

4 Likes

Just chiming in to say yes to all the above + the desire for filter frequency and filter resonance as destination options

3 Likes

I’m just going to jump on the bandwagon here.

I’d rather have 1 or 2 assignable LFOs per part than more voices.

Being able to modulate the filter envelope, amplitude, etc. would open this box up in a huge way.

Coolest thing about it to me: using mute groups with volume or filter modulation to fake a sidechain effect.

Also would be cool to use a square on 16 level volume so I can make my snare and hats note repeat with fake gravity… drags, flams, rolls, etc…Bouncy ball effect is always fun.

Lfo1 to custom scales [square] with another clOcked LFO2 or looping envelope modulating LFO1 frequency… now I’m in C64 arpeggiator heaven.

It would be cool. That’s all I’m sayin.

5 Likes

i just mentioned in another thread how useful a random lfo would be to create a round robin effect from sliced samples

i use the octatrcak this way a lot - i do not want this to be my octatrack just for the record all :slight_smile: , i just use the reference due to the way they allow lfo to trig per hit/step/fraction of step - it is a super way to add life to audio

3 Likes

+1 for sure, im in full agreement. def not a NEED for this machine, but having them nonetheless would be great

3 Likes

Lot’s of great updates recently!

Don’t know if LFO modulation is on the roadmap but it would be extremely welcome from quite a few of us wobbly types. So a little bump from me.

5 Likes

+1 - LFOs would be a great addition…

4 Likes

LFO yes please

3 Likes

+1—but I would be happy with just some onboard effects too

4 Likes

Even only 1 Lfo would bring this machine in completely new territories…ofc I would love effects too!

6 Likes