Breaks Everyone should have, vol 1 of 9,999,999

Im slowly digitizing all my vinyl. Tonight I recorded Skull Snaps. It was a minty 1st press copy. Alot of the breaks albums are a bit hissed up or cue burned. Here is a pretty clean copy…

25 Likes

Awesome keep them coming dude.

thats a lotta breaks lad :rofl: :rofl:

YOU SURE YOU GOT THE TIME?

2 Likes

Volume 2- She Locked it Ohio Players

8 Likes

this is pretty cool of you bro. thx alot.

2 Likes

Feel free to help me out Jaime!! haha anyone else want to pile on please do.

May as well cross post… Grover Washington Jr. Hydra
Volume 3

8 Likes

Volume 4 Grover Washington Jr. Knucklehead. This break was used in pretty much all hip hop releases in 1990, but I chopped it up to match that of my favorite version. (King Tee Played Like a Piano. These 4 loops are the track.)

10 Likes

Thanks for these @StupidAmericanPig

1 Like

SAP you LEGEND!!! :clap: :clap: Thank you! ‘Played like a Piano’ is a masterclass in break looping. Great thread, infinite bumps :facepunch: :facepunch:

1 Like

Appreciate that @juniorg This is a hobby that pretty much 0% of the folks in my circle share so nice to see others can nerd out to samples.

Heres another 1991-92 popular sample Kid Dynamite Uphill Peace Of Mind. I picked this one since it was another sample that was in at least 2 dozen tracks around that time. My favorite 3 tracks that used this:
Convicts- The peter man
Convicts- Penitentiary Blues
Poor Righteous Teachers- Shakira JRH

Edit- Oh Snap the other reason that I love this record is that my copy pretty much encapsulates what early digging was like- look at the sticker here:

10 Likes

Same here. We are the lone soldiers. I don’t know why I said that :smile_cat:

3 Likes

let me get to it man, i feel kinda disconnected while waiting for my unit :sob: :sob: :sob: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: bangin some loops up here may take my mind off it

3 Likes

oh yeah!!

nice one pig.

1 Like

2 more well used, but great, breaks

5 Likes

5 Likes

Oh yeah, don’t stop now.
Amen

1 Like

Heres another I just picked up:

4 Likes

One of my favorite samples from Parlaiment, isolated chopped to match the song by ICE-T

5 Likes