Sample Save Issue [RESOLVED]

Hi all. I’m having an issue when I try to save Pitch and Envelope edits to a previously recorded one-shot sample (hand clap) that has been saved on the SD card. Here is the process I’ve followed:

1. Load Project
  2. Assign sample to track
  3. Edit pitch and envelope settings
  4. Save Project
  5. In Step Program, I copied and pasted all steps from the track on pad A-3 to the track on C2.
    Now, when playing the sequence on this track, the pitch and envelope settings I’ve saved to the project are being ignored by the S2400. It sounds as though the S2400 is playing the sample as it was originally recorded (with no edits).
    If anyone is able to help me with this, I would be most appreciative.
    Thanks!

works for me

i did this fresh project

load sample
copy to new pad
recorded some settings into sequence
entered step program
scrolled to step - held COPY and hit pad taking care not release COPY i pressed new pad
all settings transferred

are you releasing copy?

Hi J.M.,
Thank you for your reply.
The thing is, I’m not trying to record fader or knob movements. I’m simply editing the Pitch and Envelope settings for that particular pad. But, when playing the sequence on this track, the pitch and envelope settings I’ve saved to the project are being ignored by the S2400. It sounds as though the S2400 is playing the sample as it was originally recorded (with no edits). Any ideas?
Again, many thanks!
Todd

I have the same issue I think. For me, any step parameter adjustment is ignored when the sequencer is running in record mode. But it works as expected when playing a sequence not in record mode. It def feels like a bug but perhaps is intended to work this way?

i think either you misunderstand me or the other way round :rofl:

all i did was make some settings, hit record to get them into the seq:

then goto step mode and copy them to new pad after copying the sample across

this is what you meant right?

if you have already recorded the seq: and are then making changes they wont record unless you have over ride active, this is by design

there is play over ride and record over ride

the sequencer plays back what your settings were when you make the seq:

page 22:

A button: During playback, toggles Parameter Playback Override on or off for the current fader mode.
During recording it toggles Live Parameter Record Overwrite for the current fader mode.

s: playback over ride lets you mess with filters etc and hear the pattern like that but does not change the settings in the seq: that you recorded. This is a ‘live performance’ mode if you like, you get to create a pattern and then mess with it while jamming or recording/performing all in a none destructive fashion.

record over ride will let you record over what you have while you are making adjustments - just understand that the adjustments are PER STEP and not live, so if you move a filter between hits the changes will do nothing - the adjustment has to be made on the step and you have to actually hit the pad :slight_smile: so you will move the cutoff as example and hit the pad

hope that helps

Very helpful, thanks.

Thanks J.M. This was the exact reason why I was having difficulty. Many thanks!!!

1 Like

no problem my friend :slight_smile:

hey, if we can reach 1 person :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: :ok_hand:

glad if i can help anyone at any time - lord knows i cause enough crap so it’s nice to balance stuff

1 Like