Gain settings constantly ignored? [FIXED 454]

Check out the meme posted in Facebook group for the lolz

This is still happening by the way. Not sure how much it is still occurring, as Iā€™m currently using some other bits to work on a few projects, so not had much time on the 2400 yet since the update.

However, an easy way to make it happen:

-Load a sample
-Change gain setting
-Go Into loop/slice waveform view
-Exit waveform view.

Gain now plays at 0 but shows whatever you set it to. And it will do this every time you enter and exit waveform view.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Following the update I noticed that gain settings are now correctly applied on project load, so I no longer needed to move the track faders. But I havenā€™t tried your steps in that order, will try it tonight.

Alright I just tested it and the issue persists exactly as described by kiddles. Furthermore, I tried other tracks without going to the waveform editor and they too were not playing back with the correct gain setting until I moved the track fader. I powered cycled the unit and went straight to a track where gain was at +6 and the error was still there until I moved the fader.

So weā€™re back to square 1. Iā€™m sure I had tested this and was happy with it after updating but now I can recreate it every time :weary: happy to provide project file if needed

It was fixed for some circumstances, but not all. It is re-fixed in beta.

3 Likes

Wait what? The track fader changes the gain setting? Surely not? Theyā€™re not the same thing. Iā€™m talking about the gain in track settings menu, when you hit shift+padā€¦ Or do you just mean when you nudge that gain back and forth with the data wheel?

Itā€™s part of the bug. Nudging the faders on any track where the gain is being ignored immediately fixes the issue. You can hear it for yourself by loading a project and hitting the pad before moving the fader then hitting pad again.

Itā€™s been my workaround for the last year and was mentioned higher up in this thread.

When I say nudge the faders, I mean you can move them back and forth to the exact same position and suddenly the gain will be played back correctly. I donā€™t mean changing the track volume. Try it by opening a project with all faders raised, move them down and back up and voilĆ , gain is corrected.

It also fixes it after following your steps of adjusting gain then opening waveform editor, where gain is ignored after exiting. Any movement of fader will revert to correct gain

Gutted, really hoped this has been fixed in the last update

It is fixed, but still has to be released.

1 Like

Sorry to report but the gain problem still persists after exiting the waveform editor, on the 28/04 update.

Loading a project is fine, but gain goes back to zero after using the wave editor.

Just tried to recreate this case and the bug is present on my unit with the April firmware update.

Interestingly enough, when I triggered my 4 second long sample in a waveform menu and exited into the pattern view, the sample continued to play on, but with the ignored gain settings.

Just giving this a little bump

1 Like

any updates on this one?

Like the title says, it is fixed (in dev).

1 Like

Sorry, but hasnā€™t the title been fixed since the previous update? I didnā€™t see any acknowledgement after reporting there were still bugs. Thanks

Yes. Re-fixed.